Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uptone LPS-1 goes on sale am today - California time.
(27-Sep-2016, 14:23)mdconnelly Wrote: ....
A noteworthy point... AIR3 Beta has proven far more stable for me.  While I slightly prefer the uRendu over AIR3 in my system, it's close and if AIR3 Beta had been released prior to the uRendu (i.e. if AIR had worked!) , I doubt I would have bought the uRendu at all.   What has me on the fence is thinking about how much better my Devialet may sound with a better power supply on the uRendu.

Too many choices, too little information (so far), too little money.   Huh

Quite a lot of us in the same boat I suppose. The AIR3 beta doesn't work reliably for me, but to be honest I was happy with the SQ of AIR2 - if only it worked! Anyway, won't go there, but since I've gone rendu I like it for a few reasons:
-if I change amplifier I'll still have a good source.
-it's more flexible and allows HQPlayer and connection to Linux server (should I ever venture down either)
-there's much less buffer lag than AIR.

The only real downsides are it's more clutter, cost, and can't be used directly for Mac playback (Qobuz or whatever).

So I might as well see if I can push the SQ a bit more (assuming it's not an urban myth)

Haven't heard a peep out of Paul Hynes since I paid my money - not even a confirmation - so after reading a whole host of stuff over at CA I am getting a bit nervous to be honest. Plus it was more expensive than the LPS-1! I do only have two sockets next to my hifi so it does save me having to use an extension lead which I'd need with the LPS-1 as I'd need the ifi too to power it. That said I did look at a power conditioner today.... Must stop myself or it will never end.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uptone LPS-1 goes on sale am today - California time. - by Hifi_swlon - 27-Sep-2016, 20:27