Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uptone LPS-1 goes on sale am today - California time.
(14-Oct-2016, 12:43)Confused Wrote: Taking the SR7 and Sonore Signature as being more or less state of the art products, I find the concept of something like the LPS-1 providing clearly audible benefits a little difficult to comprehend.  I shall be fascinated to see what they report. 

I guess the PH and Sonore are more or less 'traditional' engineering albeit supposedly at the top of their game.
If the LPS-1 is shown to be ahead, I guess it would confirm that sometimes a bit of a leap and different thinking is required. Not sure about ultra caps, but I guess FPGAs didn't exist when PH started designing PSUs and is probably a different skill set entirely. On the other hand the technology could only deal with lower power requirements (as designed) so is less flexible.

I wish I'd just ordered one to compare - assuming I ever have something to compare to that is.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uptone LPS-1 goes on sale am today - California time. - by Hifi_swlon - 14-Oct-2016, 13:09