Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second phantom still a good idea?
Despite some issues, I love my silver phantom + dialog. It's the best sounding system in a very small footprint (sounds way better than the Naim Mu-so and the B&W Zeppelin). Hence, I am planning to get a second phantom to make my bedroom fully stereo. However, based on the threads here, it seems that people who have that set up have gone through quite a bit of issue (unsynchronized playback, connection dropoff, static noises, etc.). Plus, I absolutely hate the Spark app.

Given that Devialet has been super slow in fixing numerous issues via software update, is it still a good idea to spend another $2.4k for a second phantom and fully commit to the Devialet ecosystem? 

Alternatives I'm considering
1. Get a second B&W Zeppelin (I already own one but exiled it to the hallway) and use Chromecast audios to pair them. Cost: $800 
I know it won't sound as good as the Phantom, but my experience with B&W has been very pleasant. No drop-off. No static noise. No bullshit app.
2. Get the beosound 2 and pair it with my Zeppelin using Chromecast audios. Cost: $1900

Messages In This Thread
Second phantom still a good idea? - by battlefork - 30-Sep-2016, 20:47