Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is how we want our Expert amplifiers to sound!
(14-Oct-2016, 08:12)IanG-UK Wrote: An Absolute Sound established reviewer is loaned a $75k amplifier from a credible (possibly advertising) manufacturer for an extended period and writes a "best thing since sliced bread" review - which most envious readers love to hear about; and most super-rich purchasers love to show off to their friends, and show them the review.

Every stakeholder is happy!

Click on one of the featured articles at the side of the Berning review, that of the Magico M3, and you get a pretty much equivalent comment for another $75k product.

No serious comparatives in either review, as is the norm with most magazines these days.

Good entertainment value but little more, in my opinion.

I share your scepticism towards the audiophile press. When so much money is involved, 'paid-for' opinion is most likely quite common.
When it comes to the Berning amps I have noted that the smaller stereo models also get generally good reviews. Maybe the monoblocks are as good as he says, but if I had $75k to spend on amps I'd probably go for an O d'A or two and still have money left for fancy cables or new speakers!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is how we want our Expert amplifiers to sound! - by ogs - 14-Oct-2016, 11:18