Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burn in process with new firmware?
Ok, it's a suspicion that I have with a question into deeper technical understanding.
My feeling is that with every new firmware I installed there was a burn in process, as it is rigth now with the 10.0.5. I belong to those who actually benefit from the 10.x.x firmware updates, but have also noticed a slight more harsh sound in the beginning when updating from 10.0.2 to 10.0.5. It lessens over the past 48h and my D200 is getting a tinny little bit more transparent with 10.0.5. But it seems to me that burn in is not yet done.

My question to the more advanced technicians.
I know it's only software, but to my understanding every virtual software-code actually leads to a physically switch even if it is only in the structure of an IC or is that wrong?
So the electrons have to take  new "paths" or new "switches" when some software is altered?

I had that experience with an Arcam Amp that has an electronic (IC?) Volume control. As I use(d) a SBT with variable volume control the Arcam's volume was ever (over years) set to the high volume "digit 67".
It happend one day that I hit the volume by chance and it went to "digit65". I didn't notice that I hit the button BUT immediatly heard the difference in form of less fluendly, harsh sound even though the music was that 2digits quieter then.
My conclusion was that the signal at the new volume had to take a different path in the resistance network of the IC and therefore sounded different because at "digit67" it was burned in over years.
Am I wrong with my conclusion?

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
Burn in process with new firmware? - by yabaVR - 12-Oct-2016, 17:30