Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burn in process with new firmware?
My science background says there isn't a mechanism to explain, but I have to admit to being a very open minded person and probably not a tradional scientist in that sense (well, I'm into hifi right). This is of course an educated guess though, and not based on any notion that I would have a clue really.

I very much doubt you'd find the answers here (no offence intended to thumb5).  Probably the most likely to answer (at least whether they think there is a mechanism) would be the Devialet head of R&D - since they apparently measure everything it would surely have shown up - or perhaps Rob Watts of Chord Hugo/DAVE fame, who openly discusses that he uses listening as part of his development - albeit strictly controlled against a reference system and music.  I would have thought he would have detected the issue if it existed.

Or go to 'real' (or should I say non-audio) scientists - there must be millions of firmware updates every year in machines that are the most precise and life critical things in the world, and so the phenomenon would be documented and procedures based around it. But, of course they'd laugh at us silly audiophiles for asking, and if they said it didn't exist, we'd say they just don't have the ears for it and their measurements and experience don't equal that of an audiophiles opinion....

Big Grin Angel

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Burn in process with new firmware? - by yabaVR - 12-Oct-2016, 17:30
RE: Burn in process with new firmware? - by Hifi_swlon - 14-Oct-2016, 13:32