Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No EU countries & VAT charged on upgrade
(25-Oct-2016, 03:45)jjmouse Wrote: I live in Hong Kong, there has no any tax on goods, also the dealer in UK were quoted a price with VAT(within Europe) or without VAT price, and since my shipping address is Hong Kong, therefore, no VAT were charged to me. Those update price listed in Devialet eg. euro 3490 is with VAT, for people outside europe, which means they are charging 3490 /1.2 = 2908 for upgrade cost. However, you may have to pay the import tax in your country. The above is in condition on my case, which i ordered the upgrade thru my UK dealer.

jjmouse

I understand now, you placed your order VAT exempt, and you look after you own duty and taxes.
But as Hong Kong the duty and tax rate is zero, you will end up paying no tax at all.

That is how I was expecting to have placed my order, VAT exempt and then pay the 6.5% duty and 13% sales tax when it was returned.

I'm happy with the way Devialet are doing it, charging the VAT and then they pay the duty and taxes when it is returned to you.
I your case you are the winner, with no duty & taxes in Hong Kong.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Messages In This Thread
RE: No EU countries & VAT charged on upgrade - by BrianT - 25-Oct-2016, 12:03