Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR not yet compatible with Yosemite for MAC
(17-Oct-2014, 11:26)rik Wrote: Yes.

You have to take care.

As you rightly say Dev' have integrated AIR into iTunes so you will only get bit-perfect via AIR if you use iTunes.

Also if you are using USB then you need to install an app such as "BitPerfect" which works with iTunes to ensure that it doesn't pop-back to 16/44 when playing high re audio files.

Rik

I can feel a new topic coming on.

"A Simple guide to getting the best out of your Dev' with a Mac Mini"

Rik

I should add that my conversation with Thierry was about using AIR on a Mac, we didn't discuss PCs. I'm pretty sure these can output bit perfect using WASAPI.

Personally (and this is entirely subjective of course!) I believe the best sound quality is achieved when you use something that is built and optimised specifically for audio (both hardware and software). We see it all the time with the tweaks that are going on on this forum. I also don't think it's a coincidence that the Devialet sounds fantastic when being fed by a decent CD transport, I believe both Audio Research and Metronome ones were being used at the last Guildford Audio show. In particular the Metronome sounded especially good when connected to a D800.

Anyway this is going way off topic. Blush

Rik - pls go ahead and set up that thread though. I think it's an excellent idea. Idea

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: AIR not yet compatible with Yosemite for MAC - by GuillaumeB - 17-Oct-2014, 13:38