Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM????
I am now very happy with my current system and I have also had a long journey which started 16 years ago but actually didn't spend/waste a lot of money with one exception.

After starting with a 5-parts Denon-system from my father (with cassette-recorder!) I moved to a Sherwood Receiver with a 5.1 satellite System from Heco an then finally bought my first "audiophile" piece of HiFi for which I worked a lot of hours as a waiter - a Denon AVR3802 in gold with Kimber 4TC cables. That was really a feeling of "having it done". At this point I was 18. I also bought some bigger speakers which sounded good to my ears at that point and only costed like 100€ (together!) (yeah I know - big imbalance...). This combination served me for I think 11 years. Then I got my first job with real money and I moved on.

I listened to 15 different speakers until I finally found the perfect fit for my ears and my room. The DALI Epicon 2! Unfortunately I also made the only mispurchase of my ongoing journey together with it - a class D Stereo Network Amp which I don't want to name here. A terrible amp in every way which costed me around 1.800€. After 6 months I disconnected it and hooked up my Denon again. But I never gave up...

In November 2016 I finally moved to my dealer again and got a Devialet home to listen for it. I am a purist and don't like these full racks at all. I wanted an All-In-One system compatible with the Apple sphere and that's why I went to Devialet. After being blown away by the sound from the first second I bought it, which was definitely the best buy ever together with the Epicon 2!

My now existing system of a Devialet Expert 120 and DALI Epicon 2 loudspeakers connected via Kimber 4TC sounds like heaven to me and is my personal eargasm. Very minimalistic but pure Gold Standard.

Messages In This Thread
RE: R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM???? - by Elija123 - 18-Dec-2016, 09:23