Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user: A bit lost with Pro versioning
stef,

It might also be a function of your speakers; some are easier loads than others. Buying a used/ demo D120 and doing the upgrade is worth considering, but at the same time, I personally feel even the D120 is an amazing amp. There is a lot more sexy competition at the upper end of the budget spectrum; At the D120/ 130Pro level, the Devialet is, to me, a knock out. No doubt you've read the Jeff Fritz review of about a year ago.

I think going to the Pro line is probably logical, just to be as current as you can. That said, some here are finding that they actually prefer the 'plain' Expert series to the Pro sound. I wish I knew what the difference really was. You will always get the software for free, but eventually they will be releasing new software that would only apply to the hardware in the Pro line; just like computers and smart phones.

I would likely go to the D130 Pro myself if buying new today. Just my personal approach to these things.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: New user: A bit lost with Pro versioning - by Damon - 07-Dec-2016, 01:58