Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting cable from Master to Companion
Dear Devialet 400/800 owners,

I have tried with Devialet to find out what do they really recomend to connect master amp to companion amp. On Devialet's own website they recomend a home made cable RCA-XLR se on the left side in the webside on https://help.devialet.com/entries/234298...i-room-etc-

Devialet says on the website that they recomend to connect the amps with the described RCA-XLR, due to better HD transmission. My local cablemaker had trouble understanding this recomendation, due to 75ohm on the RCA side and 110ohm on the XLR side, anyway we made a cable as Devialet recomended.

I am quit satisfied with the soud picture today, but when I read different user treads on the net, I'we noticed than almost all of you connect with an RCA-RCA cable.

I have also got information that Devialet from may month this year, default encloses a Crystal Cable RCA-RCA to connect the Master- Companion link.

So my questions is as follow:

1. What connection type (RCA-RCA or XLR-RCA) do you connect your amp with today?

2. What cable brand/ manufacturer are you using?

Looking forward to hear from all of youSmile
Devialet 1000 Pro, Black Magic DIG-IT MKII RCA-XLR link- Wilson Audio Sophia 3, IsoAcoustic GAIA 1- Roon Nucleus Plus, inboard 8TB SSD, Sbooster power supply- Synergistic Research Atmosphere Devialet Spec AC, Tesla T3 & Hologram D - Synergistic Research PowerCell 10 - Chord English switch, Wireworld Starlight TWINAX CAT 8 - Synergistic Research Tesla Apex speaker cables
                                                                                                                                 Oslo - Norway

Messages In This Thread
Connecting cable from Master to Companion - by Toca - 22-Oct-2014, 07:03