Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"PLC Compatible"
(22-Jan-2017, 11:06)Confused Wrote: This was discussed at the 1000 Pro launch event back in July 2016.  Devialet's Mathieu Pernod explained that the PEM used in the D-Premier, Expert and Od'A will filter out PLC signals.  The Pro is designed to work with PLC together with Phantoms.  So, mains goes in to the Devialet un-filtered, PLC can then go to the new streamer board, the mains is then filtered further inside the Devialet to power the amp/DAC itself.  Apparently the mains filtration in the Pro is superior to that used in the Expert.  

So as things stand, the Pro has a PEM that is compatible with PLC, but the PLC capability itself will be part of the new streamer board.  

None of this changes the possibility of using PLC devices to provide AIR / Ethernet to any Expert model, but I have no experience of this myself.

Thank you for your insight, Confused. I suppose time will tell. One can only devote so much mental capacity to predicting the future before realizing it is a futile activity... (Apple fanboys may disagree!)
In any case, here is my latest reply from Océane:

Messages In This Thread
"PLC Compatible" - by tidaleve - 21-Jan-2017, 22:44
RE: "PLC Compatible" - by thumb5 - 21-Jan-2017, 23:27
RE: "PLC Compatible" - by tidaleve - 22-Jan-2017, 05:13
RE: "PLC Compatible" - by mdconnelly - 22-Jan-2017, 03:42
RE: "PLC Compatible" - by tidaleve - 22-Jan-2017, 05:15
RE: "PLC Compatible" - by Confused - 22-Jan-2017, 11:06
RE: "PLC Compatible" - by tidaleve - 25-Jan-2017, 06:41