Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Plant vs mains cable
(28-Oct-2014, 14:06)Antoine Wrote: I have all three so a dedicated mains spur, better quality power cables and a PS Audio PowerPlant P3 and they all helped performance forward in a somewhat comparable effect way. In effect sorted from least to most effect -in my situation/to my ears- I feel it was like this: dedicated spur, power cables, power plant.

Personally I certainly don't find the P3 is restricting the dynamics and I know at least two other people with Devialets here on this forum feel the same. Also given your budget, I'd start looking at a power plant as a solid basis first and go/build/finetune from there. I have to be honest though and confess I did it the other way round and maybe this could be a more rewarding way for you (start small and build from there). It is always best to try these things yourself as well, I know it's the number one most given advice and not always helpful but it is very important as with power all situations differ greatly. I really think there's no fixed recipe that works for any and all.

Hi, to give a view of my experience I would rate from most to least as: Dedicated mains cable and spur, power cable and last filter 'box' (not power plant).

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
Power Plant vs mains cable - by Lavi - 28-Oct-2014, 09:37
RE: Power Plant vs mains cable - by Mikeeo - 28-Oct-2014, 11:06
RE: Power Plant vs mains cable - by Antoine - 28-Oct-2014, 14:06
RE: Power Plant vs mains cable - by Mikeeo - 28-Oct-2014, 18:15
RE: Power Plant vs mains cable - by IanG-UK - 28-Oct-2014, 17:03