Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Two Phantoms as rear AV channels (bypass Dialog)
Having a modded Oppo certainly sounds like a great solution, and less of a problem if all channels are Phantoms. When you are trying to match Phantoms with traditionally-driven front channels, just a few milliseconds makes all the difference, or else you get echo & phasing effects.

I also am trying to stay in the digital domain (like with alandbush's Oppo). That's why I just use USB-to-Optical convertors. I now have 3 of those, one Peachtree X1 and 2 cheapies off eBay (Delock etc.) because I couldn't source another cheap X1.

I am very interested in bobxxxx's suggestion about allocating different rooms for independent Solo control... that never occurred to me in my latest attempts. Ultimately though, I suspect that my 'hybrid' approach is more trouble than it's worth, especially with the volume resetting to 35 every time. (Stop BABYING us, Devialet!)

An all-Phantom AV setup must be AWSOME! As far as I'm concerned, that's what they were really born to do (even 2 channels blew me away when I had them as fronts).
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two Phantoms as rear AV channels (bypass Dialog) - by JohnnySix - 31-Jan-2017, 14:04