Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torus Power Isolation Transformers (getting a RM 16 or upgrading to Pro)
(18-Feb-2017, 16:19)octaviars Wrote:
(18-Feb-2017, 13:38)MightyMart Wrote:
(18-Feb-2017, 11:50)Confused Wrote: I have listened to a Devialet with a big PS Audio mains conditioner, I thought this had a very negative impact on dynamics.  In you post above, you state you are getting improved dynamics.  I presume you are referring to the Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner per your signature?  I am thinking that products like this are very system specific in how they work.  It is not an area in which I have any kind of expert knowledge, but if dynamics matter, what type of mains conditioning works from a technical perspective, and works well with a Devialet?  I'm sure Devialet amps can be quite demanding with respect to peak loads?

I can assure you that there is absolutely no loss in dynamics with the RM 16. On the contrary, everything is sounding better with it plugged in. It's like I have new even better amplifiers and/or speakers. (The PS Audio P5/P10 is nothing like the RM 16 when it comes to delivering power...)

I compared my D 400 with the D 220 Pro and then my D 400 w/o the RM 16. The benefits of the Torus outweighed the benefits of an upgrade to Pro, by a big margin. The RM 16 is also cheaper compared to the Pro upgrade (at least here in Sweden) and I can sell off most of my expensive power cables and get some cheaper ones. Like I said, for me it has been a no-brainer. I'm very, very pleased with having made a move in this direction and investing in clean and plentiful power. Seems like the right thing to do.

Have you done anything to the powersupply in your apartment/house that feeds the hifi?

I have tried a couple of different powersolutions with my Devialets but the thing that made the biggest difference was when I installed a seperate powersupply from my meterbox outside on my house that only feeds my Ansuz Mains D8 powerstrip that then feeds my D440 with Anzus POM powercables.

After I installed this powersupply powercables and powerconditioners have med less difference to the sound but I decided to keep the Ansuz stuff as I feel they make some extra improvments.

The installation of my dedicaded powersupply.

We are living in a rental flat at the moment and for 1-2 more years, so that isn't not an option for me right now.
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -

Messages In This Thread
RE: Torus Power Isolation Transformers (getting a RM 16 or upgrading to Pro) - by MightyMart - 18-Feb-2017, 17:37