Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torus Power Isolation Transformers (getting a RM 16 or upgrading to Pro)
(18-Feb-2017, 19:52)Dr Tone Wrote:
(18-Feb-2017, 17:29)MightyMart Wrote:
(18-Feb-2017, 15:06)RDr Tone Wrote: If the difference between the 200 and 220 Pro is small in comparison to adding this power product, you must have some terribly dirty power at your location.

Or maybe you don't know what you're missing out on...?  Tongue

To make that much of difference, obviously it's fixing something terrible wrong with your power.

I run a Denali.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6f1kwyZbM8

If you want to maximize the conditions for your setup to perform at its best, you need to start with the power supply. Otherwise you will never hear what your amplifier, speakers etc. are actually capable of since we are actually all listening to the audible result of a process driven by that very same electrical power that comes from our wall receptacle. 

Not starting with optimizing the power supply is like filling up your premium sports car with bad fuel and then changing tires and transmission to make it perform better. Tinkering with this and that cable is the same thing. It can only do so much and never replace good power conditions.

I live just outside Stockholm in a modern apartment building (built 2011) with no major industrial areas close by so I don't think that the power quality is such a major issue compared to the average user. But, like I've said, I do think that getting really clean and stable power is. I also think that clean power and room/acoustical treatment is probably two areas many of us neglect when improving the quality of our setups. This is actually very unfortunate since many of us never get to experience the full potential of our gear before growing restless and upgrading it for ever bigger sums of money.
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -

Messages In This Thread
RE: Torus Power Isolation Transformers (getting a RM 16 or upgrading to Pro) - by MightyMart - 18-Feb-2017, 22:09