Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIDAL Music Streaming service
Many of you will probably have heard that a new CD-quality streaming service called 'TIDAL' launched in the UK and US earlier this week. It's an extension and re-branding of the WiMP service which has been running successfully in the Scandinavian countries, Poland and Germany. I guess the name 'wimp' doesn't go down so well in english-speaking countries Wink

Anyway, I registered an interest in TIDAL a couple of months ago and am a couple of days into a 30 day free trial. Anyone can get a 7-day free trial by registering. So far the results have been a bit mixed - when albums play the sound quality (OSX, AIR) is on a par with Qobuz i.e. very good, miles better than Spotify, but not quite as good as my CD rips. The catalogue is extensive (I read somewhere 25m albums) but there are plenty of gaps... and so far I prefer the Qobuz Desktop to the TIDAL app. Both are way behind Spotify in terms of functionality.

I've also had some problems with albums not playing when selected. I've asked TIDAL support for help. Perhaps it's an issue with my system but I can't see any reason why it should be given that it works perfectly with Qobuz and Spotify.

Has anyone else tried TIDAL?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
TIDAL Music Streaming service - by PhilP - 31-Oct-2014, 01:39
RE: TIDAL Music Streaming service - by PhilP - 01-Nov-2014, 10:23
RE: TIDAL Music Streaming service - by thumb5 - 01-Nov-2014, 19:30
RE: TIDAL Music Streaming service - by thumb5 - 11-Nov-2014, 22:35
RE: TIDAL Music Streaming service - by PhilP - 11-Nov-2014, 23:21
RE: TIDAL Music Streaming service - by thumb5 - 11-Nov-2014, 23:27
RE: TIDAL Music Streaming service - by PhilP - 11-Nov-2014, 23:45