Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocketmannequin's System
I upgraded from my old Sony 5.1 home cinema to this Devialet and B&W combination.  I don't have the space in my small apartment for too much gear, never mind a separate listening room, unlike many of the luckier members on this forum!

My Dev 220 Pro is connected by Audioquest Pearl Ethernet to a 2012 Mac Mini (under the couch on a stand). Speakers are B&W 804 D3s with Siltech Explorer speaker cables.  I use Roon on the Mac to control the setup, which works beautifully. When my girlfriend takes a nap, I switch to my Sennheiser HD 800s which sound great, and they are connected to the preouts of the Dev.

To save space, I also decided to wall mount the Dev, but since that causes unsightly cables hanging from the wall, I maneuvered a (too) bushy plant into position.  Best thing here is that the Dev remote does not need to be in line of bsight of the Dev. 

The speakers aren't optimally spaced, being on the sides of a wide couch, but regardless, I am sure that the small apartment itself imposes certain acoustic limits.  

For my next project I am considering a subwoofer, but it may be overkill given the space I have.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY

Messages In This Thread
Rocketmannequin's System - by Rocketmannequin - 23-Apr-2017, 04:59
RE: Rocketmannequin's System - by audio_engr - 23-Apr-2017, 21:27
RE: Rocketmannequin's System - by Damon - 24-Apr-2017, 00:34
RE: Rocketmannequin's System - by ssfas - 24-Apr-2017, 15:52
RE: Rocketmannequin's System - by ssfas - 25-Apr-2017, 21:09