Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer Audiophile: A Visit to Devialet in France
(04-Nov-2014, 22:37)PhilP Wrote: Several forum members including me have never had any problems with white noise even though we use our Devialets for extended periods and stream 24-bit files. It would therefore seem to be the case that the problem only occurs with certain combinations of software and hardware and is not a generic issue with Devialet AIR.

I do sympathise with those who suffer from the "white plague"

A good point, maybe if it was possible to tabulate everyone's PC configurations for power management, memory utilisation and so on, we might find that the solution is one very easy to change PC setting, who knows. Although I would emphasis that I am using a fairly new, 100% bog standard, non optimised HP machine, which must be fairly typical. Perhaps we should try to establish makes, and operating system of white noise and non white noise machines, there might be a trend or pattern somewhere? Let's say Sony laptops work, HP ones problematic etc. it might lead to the solution? I have noticed that the optimised machines seem not to suffer, vs standard ones like mine which do, what's different that cures the evil?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Computer Audiophile: A Visit to Devialet in France - by Confused - 04-Nov-2014, 23:36