Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynaudio Special Forty and Devialet
(31-Aug-2017, 08:32)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I read another review by someone who owns (and compared them to) the C1's (that I own too). He reckons the special 40's are great but not as good as the C1's. Then again the C1's are twice the price. Here's my experience with the C1's that will most likely be similar with the Special 40's.

As with all Dynaudio speakers; they like a powerful amp. I drove my C1's with a 170 and it sounded great. Then the upgrade to 200 came and then SAM. Now I run them with the Od'A and I can tell you that with every step up in amplification, the quality of the sound increased. I wouldn't mind trying to use the old 200 again with the firmware of the 170 and compare how far I've come. I reckon the difference will be huge.

So Special 40's with D200; Great. Special 40's with better amplification; Better. I hope they SAM them soon.
Agree Pim dynaudio C1 signature and devialet 220 Pro Are a great Match .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dynaudio Special Forty and Devialet - by Finn - 31-Oct-2017, 21:45