Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone doing immersion system?
(29-Jan-2018, 04:31)snbeall Wrote: As for Gold v Elevate? At about half the cost, the Elevates have 90-95% of the Gold’s performance (typical audiophile diminishing returns). As I have written elsewhere, they require significantly higher volume settings for the same perceived loudness (Gold @50 = Elevate @60) so if you have a large listening space, you’ll likely want to go Gold (or Silver). Golds only difference (other than higher top volume) is of course the tweeter. It is not unlike any titanium vs soft tweeter debate. I happen to like the slightly more forward airy presentation of the Gold, but this is a typical metal vs soft dome tweeter thing. If you don’t need the higher output, I think one could be quite happy with Elevates. Golds will recreate live concert levels. Elevates will not. I tried pushing Elevates past 70 (which I’ve read elsewhere is their 0dB point) and they did not seem to get much louder - merely began to compress. I imagine it’s a protection circuit thing. It was still quite loud. But if you’re a crescendo junky with a large space, you’ll likely wanna move up.

Thank you. This is a v helpful summary. I have a 4m by 5m room so it sounds as if Elevates would be a possible solution. Thanks again.

Messages In This Thread
Anyone doing immersion system? - by snbeall - 28-Jan-2018, 19:37
RE: Anyone doing immersion system? - by Pwalder - 29-Jan-2018, 06:13