Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual-mono setup - hints and tips
Renaming the config file is of course straightforward, but what I wanted to change was the name of the configuration as it's reported in the configurator and on the Devialet when it reads the config file. This is actually embedded in the config file but I don't think it can be altered manually - for example, by modifying the config file in a text editor - as the file contents are CRC-protected.

Devialet have confirmed that renaming the configuration in that way is not currently possible using the configurator. I find this a little unsatisfactory given how easily one can create configurations with the same name.

Devialet also confirmed that the companion does not automatically "inherit" any custom speaker (power, filter) settings from those current in the master at the time the companion is added to the configuration. This was described as "not anormal [sic] and will not result in further issues".

That doesn't make sense to me, unless all the max. power and filtering stuff is done on the master and the companion just ignores that part of configuration. However I was also told that wasn't the case.

So, I remain confused on that one.

Anyway, with all that paranoia out of the way, configurations saved to SD card, master and companion wired up - it all seems to be "just working". Which is nice.

And sounding very good, too, at first listen.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
Dual-mono setup - hints and tips - by thumb5 - 24-Nov-2014, 14:35
RE: Dual-mono setup - hints and tips - by thumb5 - 26-Nov-2014, 20:45