Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!
(04-Dec-2014, 08:06)amabrok Wrote:
(04-Dec-2014, 02:10)Mikeeo Wrote:
(02-Dec-2014, 11:35)amabrok Wrote:
(02-Dec-2014, 10:31)Mikeeo Wrote: By the way, using the AES/EBU had been a real treat and I consider this a must connect as it really brought a considerable benefit to the system. Will report back soon when it has been cooking for a while.

/Mike

Hi Mike, so finally what RCA to AES/EBU cable did you choose?

Hi,

I did my own! RCA or BNC in one end and then my 75 ohm VHaudio silver coax connected to the XLR (Neutrik silver). Inside the case of the XLR I install a Lundahl 1574 ie 75 to 110 ohm transformer to which i hook all the wires in the right fashion. So conversion is right at the 110 ohm side.

/Mike
And do you really hear a significant improvement?

Hi,

I guess the proof is in the puddin' by trying in your own system and set-up (choice of cable and plugs). Yes it brought 'calmness' to the sound, like some not definable background disappeared, slightly more in control specially in very dynamic pieces of music, things feel slightly less constrained but still full control and flow... having a hard time describing this...

Anyone else noticed this?

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch! - by Mikeeo - 04-Dec-2014, 13:14