Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Devialet Remote for iOS
Arup,

Now I'm puzzled because I thought the app would work in Factory Config. As I said in my earlier post, it seems that the setting in the config file works regardless of what setting you make in a configuration file. I got that advice from Devialet when I queried them regarding why the app works for me when I have the setting for it disabled in my own remote configurations.

To make certain I just put my 140 CI into Factory Configuration and changed the input to Optical 1. The amp display showed -40 dB volume, the default setting, and I tried the app which is loaded on one of my iPads. I can successfully change the volume using the app so the app does work with at least the 140 CI, and also with the 130 CI which is what my amp was prior to the last Devialet firmware update when it also successfully worked. The iPad is running iOS 12.0.

I also checked to make sure that the network connection to my 140 is live in Factory Configuration. Leaving the amp set to Optical 1, I started streaming over ethernet from my server to the amp using Roon. That worked perfectly, and the app's volume control continued to work perfectly for me when I used it to adjust the volume of the music playing. In short the app is working perfectly with my 140 CI in Factory Configuration.

If the app works successfully for me with my amp then I don't think your problem is an amp related problem which leaves the cause being something to do with the app on your iPhones. If you're getting the spinning wheel on the app display that would seem to indicate that it isn't making connection with the Devialet. I assume the iPhones are all connected to your network because you should get the nornal app display rather than the spinning wheel.

The only 2 things I can think of are that either the phones are not connected via wifi to the same network that your amps are connected to (I know this is ridiculous but do check that your wifi connection to the network is active) or that there is a problem with the app on your iPhones and with 3 phones running different versions of the iOS it seems unlikely that the problem is something to do with an app/iOS version incompatibility.

That leaves me with only 1 other thought. I remember you commenting that you're using an Airport Express. I had wifi problems with my network when I was using an Airport Extreme and when I started searching Roon's knowledge base for suggestions on how to improve wifi performance I came across an article in which they said that Apple's Airport devices could be problematic when it came to providing reliable connections so I ended up doing as they suggested and replacing my Airport devices with a Netgear Orbi system. What you could do while in Factory Configuration is to start streaming using Roon and move closer to your wifi router, into the same room where it is if the router is in a different room to your system, and make sure the wifi signal strength on your iPhones are at maximum strength on the little icon in the iPhone menu bar at the top of the screen and see if the app works then. My wifi router is in a different room to my system but I can still hear music playing in the room with the router and I can hear volume changes in that room if I adjust the volume on the app when I'm in that room so I think that's worth a try. At least that will tell whether your problem is a weak connection from your phone to the network. If that's the issue then I suspect the only solution is replacing your Airport Express with a better wifi device and now that Apple has stopped making wifi devices that means replacement with a different wifi system.

Someone earlier suggested deleting the app from your phones and reinstalling it, and that also is a possibility if you haven't tried it already.

If nothing in the above helps, I think I'm all out of ideas because I'm having no problems whatsoever with the app and my 140 CI, whether I have the amp in my normal configuration or in factory configuration.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue with Devialet Remote for iOS - by David A - 05-Oct-2018, 00:56