Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12
I'm using a P12 with a 140 Pro. The only other things powered from the P12 are a Keces p8 LPS which powers a Roon Nucleus Plus server and an ETHERRegen ethernet switch. The total system draws about 8% of the power the P12 can supply and the system sounds great but, as @Vivialet says, a good power conditioner without good cables is only a 50% solution. I don't find any loss of dynamics, I think dynamics are improved but you definitely need good cables both powering the conditioner and from the conditioner to your components in order to get the best results

The Stellar P3 would probably work with my system and you could probably run a 1000 Pro from either the P3 or P12 but you haven't said what else is running. The 1000 Pr0 is a dual amp device and you connect amps to high current outputs on the Power Plants so you need a power plant with 2 high current outlets. That rules out the P3 and the P12 because those 2 models only have 1 high current output. You would need to go to either the P15 or P20. I would think either would be fine with the 1000 Pro but how much current the rest of your system draws would determine which of those 2 would be the best.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12 - by David A - 06-Aug-2021, 20:58