Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12
Take a look at the photo of the rear of the P12 on PS Audio's website: https://www.psaudio.com/products/perfect...on-903-824

Zone D is clearly marked "High Current" and the other zones are not marked that way. Why mark one zone as "High Current" and not the others if there isn't a difference between that zone and the other zones? If there is a difference, why would the difference be something other than what the marking indicates?

I know the manual does not mention it, I looked before posting my earlier reply. I bought my P12 a couple of years ago and PS Audio's website has been changed since then with new layouts and, I am positive, new descriptions of the Power Plants. I have a memory of the website referring to the high current output zone back when I initially looked at spedifications on the site before I bought my P12 but I can't find a mention of it now in their P12 information.

I'm sure that the "High Current" marking for Zone D has to mean something but now that they seem to be making no mention of it, it's hard to know w hat to make of it. Does it mean that the outlets for Zone D can actually deliver more current or does it mean that those outputs just get priority for current delivery when you're pushing the power plant hard (I never seem to go much above 8-10% of the available power on the screen's power dial) or does it mean that they've optimised something about those outlets that improves performance for devices connected to those outputs in some way? I don't know but it does not make sense that it should mean nothing at all.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12 - by David A - 10-Aug-2021, 21:26