Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to judiciously invest in next to improve SQ?
I think the first question has to be what effect would you like to achieve.  Warmth, soundstage, detail…?  If general improvements you still need to figure out what your ultimate system sounds like.  Having said that, my 3 pieces of advice are as follows:

1.      For me it was room correction.  Until I got that settled, I was forever fiddling with speaker placement, furniture etc.  If going that route, I strongly recommend Thierry at Home Audio Fidelity, the price is very fair and he really works with you.  But get the speakers and furniture where you want first.
2.      I am big believer in quality speaker cables.  Your 2 core components are joined by 1 item, the speaker cable.  Generally, you can try these no charge from a local dealer. As well if you are trying to get detail, warmth, etc. it can help achieve this.
3.       Finally whatever you do, do it well.  This IS an expensive hobby but many times we make it worse by buying something that will make it a little bit better rather than investing to get the long term upgrade and end up upgrading 2 and 3 times.  Good news you have a great start in your Devialet!

Good luck, there is no shortage of tweaks to achieve a great end result.
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: What to judiciously invest in next to improve SQ? - by Norty - 22-Jan-2019, 15:26