Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet D1000 core infinity upgrade
(01-Jun-2019, 14:03)anan Wrote:
(27-May-2019, 20:32)Dannythered Wrote: Good evening all,
I have just purchased a D1000 on eBay but it looks like the core infinity upgrade has not been installed.
Can anyone confirm whether this is a free upgrade for this unit?
How do I change the registration to me if someone has already registered the amplifier.
Many thanks 
Dan
Not often you get a chance to compare the 1000/440 pro side by side with the same gear. Did you manage to do that?

Good evening Anan,
So no surprise the D1000 is better than a D440, is it a massive difference? No would be my response, it’s
subtle, a bit like the difference between a Linn Akurate and Linn Klimax Ds. The sound is perhaps more 
analogue, smoother, fuller and detailed, the D1000 has tamed the brightness of my Sopras too.
I wouldn’t say the increase in purchase cost is worth the increase in sound quality, I loved the sound of my D440 and only upgraded as the costs were favourable. My D1000 will shortly be going back to Paris for the core infinity upgrade so the D440 will be reinstalled, I will let you you of any other thoughts. In my mind the D440 is the sweet spot in the Devialet line up for sound.
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet D1000 core infinity upgrade - by Dannythered - 08-Jun-2019, 19:00