Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Poor Ethernet Performance
(31-Aug-2019, 07:51)Pim Wrote: Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum.

There are many threads here about network issues and it seems like you have tried just about everything. One thing to know is that if you use Roon AIR, you need to delete Devialet AIR off your computer.

Also, try it without the SD card. You might find it will just work on it's standard configuration. If that's the case, maybe try a new SD card and a brand new configuration.

Cheers,

Pim

Many thanks Pim,

I took on board your suggestions and also those from the others who replied.  I've had no success and I'm starting to fear an issue with the amplifier.  I've raised a ticket with Devialet, but also I'll take it to my dealer and see if they can diagnose the problem.  I've had a response from 'Kenshiro' at Devialet, but like all initial responses he's eliminating the obvious which hasn't yet moved me forward.

For your information, or in case anyone else has a similar problem, in addition to the things I tried above, I also tried the following:
  • formatted an SD card (full format not a Quick Format) and installed new DOS and configuration files
  • tried to connect with direct ethernet connection following this guide:  https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Direct-c...rnet-Cable
  • Connected direct to my modem/router thereby avoiding the intermediate switch
  • tried another switch which was more expensive compared with the barebones TP-Link one I'm using
  • tried using ethernet over power (I have no idea why that would work but I'd tried pretty much everything else and thought why not)
  • tried another PC using Roon Core (my laptop which is setup as a Roon control was temporarily setup as a core)
  • along the way, I unplugged everything (speaker cables and all) left the machine for more than an hour and tried a 'fresh install'
and by this time I'm well past the stage of frustration with switching things on/off; pulling cables, etc.  so I've given up for now.

It works fine with USB and it probably sounds as good, but beyond how it sounds, the itch I have is because my amplifier may be faulty and I'm not happy with that.  I'll get the matter resolved in time.  If I find out what's behind it I'll update the post.

I bought the Devialet imagining it to be plug and play, which it nearly is, and I never imagined I'd be needing the support of a forum, but here I am.  I appreciate your thoughtfulness and that of the others who replied.

FYI, I use Tannoy DC10i's which are SAM speakers, and I also did a room measurement and use the EQ facility in Roon.  I've got a pretty flat response from 20Hz to 20kHz, not that I can hear 20kHz, but the bass is something to behold, and the Tannoys easily go down very low.  I don't know if I need SAM as well as room EQ, but when I measured my room it was with SAM applied.

Messages In This Thread
Very Poor Ethernet Performance - by arjayh - 31-Aug-2019, 01:45
RE: Very Poor Ethernet Performance - by Pim - 31-Aug-2019, 07:51
RE: Very Poor Ethernet Performance - by arjayh - 01-Sep-2019, 07:24
RE: Very Poor Ethernet Performance - by petrik - 31-Aug-2019, 08:07
RE: Very Poor Ethernet Performance - by arjayh - 01-Sep-2019, 07:46
RE: Very Poor Ethernet Performance - by thumb5 - 31-Aug-2019, 09:39
RE: Very Poor Ethernet Performance - by arjayh - 01-Sep-2019, 07:39
RE: Very Poor Ethernet Performance - by arjayh - 04-Sep-2019, 13:32
RE: Very Poor Ethernet Performance - by arjayh - 04-Sep-2019, 13:35