Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q: SAM - impact on small speakers bass (i.e. KEF LS50)
(04-Feb-2015, 23:33)geoff Wrote: "When talking to Devialet's chief engineer at a dealer event last year, he stated that full range SAM is possible and being considered for future implementation.  I guess this is a long way down Devialet's action list at the moment though."

I'll be ashes in a container when it happens. To that long way down list add DoP that's been talked about with maybe, could be, might appear at Munich show. I'm not waiting for Devialet. I'm sampling my large collection of DSF files down to 96 kHz so I can use them now with my "not-so-magic" D120. Best advice I've not taken to heart in audio is, "Don't buy component with promises of features coming soon, but buy component that has them NOW." Devialet is the hipster chaser and lifestyle brand, and the not so chic best not apply. Devialet's "invitation to buy" would have made me smile if it wasn't so snotty. "We're so h-o-t you've got to get in line!" Ugh.

Hi Geoff, 

You don't sound very happy. Have you already down converted those files? And if so, how do they sound and why did you choose 96kHz when you have 192 kHz available? Is that because Devialet recommend 96 for DA conversion?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread