Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archimego's Harmonic Distortion internet blind test.
Part 1 of the results were published yesterday.

http://archimago.blogspot.com/2020/05/bl...-high.html

I have found it very interesting to look at the above versus my own listening notes. Could I easily discern the tracks in order of harmonic distortion? Frankly, no, I could not.

Looking at this in more detail though, it seams that the influence of harmonic distortion for me as a positive or a negative seems to vary depending on what specifically I am listening to. I shall certainly be interested to read the rest of the analysis.

It is also interesting to think back over the time I was listening to these tracks "blind" and also to relate this to the recent threads covering measurements. It is easy to worry about on-paper claims of THD of 0.0001 versus a measured 0.0016 or whatever, but a test like this helps to correlate this to an actual listening experience, and much higher THD numbers, which is fascinating I think.

It might also be fun to listen again now that the status of each version of the tracks has been published, to see if I can pick anything else up now expectation bias is fully primed with the actual data.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Archimego's Harmonic Distortion internet blind test. - by Confused - 31-May-2020, 12:29