Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music resolution graphical representation from Pono!
(04-Jan-2015, 08:04)amabrok Wrote:
(04-Jan-2015, 07:52)adhesiv Wrote:
(03-Jan-2015, 15:24)amabrok Wrote:
(03-Jan-2015, 15:01)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(03-Jan-2015, 11:39)amabrok Wrote: I did not follow all the buzz on the Pono thing! but which resolution do they claim they will offer? because when i saw this graphical representation i thought they will offer at least 24/192 (of course not judging here the source from which they will offer the 24/192), is that right?

The've gone into bed with a company who has 20 million cd rips in their library. They say their aim is to replace any low res stuff for higher resolution releases when they become available. But you can only get a higher resolution recording if it's already been recorded in high res. So a 'brand new 24/192 version' of an old recording will still have the same SQ of the original.

As far as I'm concerned Pono is a good sounding player (reviewed here http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2014/1...the-money/)
and the Pono site sells the same stuff you can get at any cd store. ( the stuff they claim sounds like you're 200ft under water)Tongue

Then they are indeed foolish or know nothing about Marketing: Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are not marketing to those in the know but rather those who believe MP3 is as good as it gets. They only need to tell just enough truth to reel you in.

They were at Dreamforce this year and let me tell you they are marketing effectively and doing well right now.

I am not a supporter but I have heard a preproduction unit and it is the real deal for portability within reason.

So how do think their player compare to Astell&Kern for example?

According to John Darko not bad at all. Given the price it's definitely a winner but don't confuse the player with the downloads they sell.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music resolution graphical representation from Pono! - by Pim - 04-Jan-2015, 08:39