Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David A's system
@Norty & @sam1000 ,

Many thanks for your comments.

The panels do blend in well but spousal friendly? Not certain. When my wife and I moved here we had a deal that I could have a room for the system in which I could do what I liked so making it spousal friendly was never an issue. One of my wife's friends who visited soon after we moved remarked that she'd never seen a living room set up for one person before and I responded that this wasn't the living room :-) I don't think it would make a spousal friendly living room. Living rooms are a bit more multi-purpose and this room doesn't work for that. While my wife was happy about me doing what I liked in the room and never objected on colour grounds, she never liked my preference for modern furniture so I think it takes a bit more than good colour matching to satisfy all spousal concerns.

Having a dedicated listening room is great and the imaging is impressive. You would expect a left/right imbalance because of the shape of the room but strangely that doesn't seem to happen but because of the L shape and the change in the width of the room just behind the listening chair plus the archways, the sense of the space collapses to the left if the volume of the sound in the right channel drops too much like when the musicians on that side of the soundstage take a break while the soloist and people on the left keep playing. The placement of the musicians doesn't change but the "feel" or sense of the space they're in does change. I've never been able to compensate for that so I've had to settle for getting the stereo imaging superb and stable and doing the best I can with the sense of ambience that contributes to the feel of the performance environment.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
David A's system - by David A - 21-Feb-2020, 01:45
RE: David A's system - by IanG-UK - 21-Feb-2020, 10:03
RE: David A's system - by David A - 21-Feb-2020, 10:38
RE: David A's system - by Norty - 21-Feb-2020, 11:43
RE: David A's system - by sam1000 - 21-Feb-2020, 18:45
RE: David A's system - by David A - 21-Feb-2020, 19:42
RE: David A's system - by Drifter - 22-Feb-2020, 19:24
RE: David A's system - by David A - 22-Feb-2020, 20:38
David A's system - by no32 - 22-Feb-2020, 21:31
RE: David A's system - by David A - 23-Feb-2020, 00:03