Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Resurgence - 220 Pro Review
Well, Hello @rooze !

Thanks for dropping in. Very good of you to come by and participate. Your posting on your website did get a bit of attention. We do still sniff around the web for comments on our equipment.

I'll apologize for the 'moron' comment, though it is not my place to do so. But I'll also defend our criticisms of your blog and our reaction to your classification of the sound as 'digitized'. And as I said, there are many established publications and professional reviewers who are also thoroughly experienced who's assessment of the Devialet Expert and Pro amplifiers is dramatically different than yours. So you'll perhaps understand why we take your commentary as a voice on your own forum. You said you can't comment on the opinions in Stereophile and other publications. Sure you can: you read them and reference them and contrast your own experiences with their conclusions. 

But it doesn't matter really. I also think it is fun to listen to a variety of audio equipment and compare and contrast the sound they produce. But once I bought my Devialet, I stopped thinking about or shopping for amplifiers. This after many years of audio noodling that saw amplifiers from Heathkit, Fisher, Eico, Rotel, McIntosh and Naim, and speakers from ProAc, Neat, GamuT, Buchardt and Lawrence Audio work their way through my various living rooms. And I'll also offer this: I'm a bass player. I've recorded, and get paid to play live. My band has a gal who plays violin. I've also played bassoon and bass trombone. Not that I'm a stellar musician, but I know what these instruments sound like, and I have not heard another amplifier that reproduces these instruments with the clarity, roundness, fullness and nuance of tone and microdynamics as well as the Devialet.

See? Thats just me; lots of us have had lots of gear and there is a whole community of members here who have a broad history of much more sophisticated equipment than I have had. So please, don't diminish the experience or value or audio sensibiltiy of the family of Devialet owners.

But let me also thank you for your kind words for the Configurator. It is funny, because, around here, the Configurator is one of the things about the Devialet that generates the most frustration and 'letters to the editor'. Personally I rarely fuss with my amp, but for those that like to fiddle, it drives some of them crazy. It is excellent that you liked and appreciated this feature.

Anyhow, clearly I like to type, even though I probably bore the crap out of most others here. Maybe you too.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audio Resurgence - 220 Pro Review - by ogs - 01-Apr-2021, 12:46
RE: Audio Resurgence - 220 Pro Review - by ogs - 01-Apr-2021, 20:42
RE: Audio Resurgence - 220 Pro Review - by ogs - 01-Apr-2021, 20:33
RE: Audio Resurgence - 220 Pro Review - by ogs - 02-Apr-2021, 00:01
RE: Audio Resurgence - 220 Pro Review - by Damon - 02-Apr-2021, 06:26
RE: Audio Resurgence - 220 Pro Review - by ogs - 02-Apr-2021, 15:23
Audio Resurgence - 220 Pro Review - by NAS1819 - 26-Aug-2021, 02:43