Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Static - A Shocking Experience
One thing I really don't like about winter, when the air gets really dry, and you run around the house wearing a thick wool sweater, is that joyfully painful blitz of light that jumps from your fingertip when you get close to your precious electronic equipment.

Well, with Spring now starting to spread it's sunny warmth, and the humidity climbing thanks to some occasional rain showers, I was looking forward to static taking a backseat...

Unfortunately that is not the case. At the moment, it actually seems to be getting worse.  Sad

I recently purchased a new home for my gear, a nicely constructed Artesania Audio Rack. Could the beloved Rack have something to do with increased amount of lightning emitting from my appendages'? Is it essential to ground one of my components to the rack itself?

Any help would be appreciated ...

BB
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack

Messages In This Thread
Static - A Shocking Experience - by baconbrain - 04-May-2021, 19:03
RE: Static - A Shocking Experience - by K4680 - 04-May-2021, 19:34
RE: Static - A Shocking Experience - by K4680 - 05-May-2021, 15:29
RE: Static - A Shocking Experience - by K4680 - 06-May-2021, 06:43