Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappearing 140 Pro Roon Endpoint / Non functioning Airplay
I used to have similar issues with my Devialet 440.
A couple of things to try:

1. as a test, move the wifi base station closer to the Devialet and run an ethernet cable to from the base station to the devialet (assuming your wifi base station has ethernet ports).
And DISABLE wifi in the devialet configurator if you use ethernet.

This should provide a stable streaming experience. As a counter-test: disable ethernet in the config and stream via wifi, but that is something I have not tried.

2. The 100 Mbps suggestion only refers to an ethernet connection and should only be tried after you have tried suggestion 1 and failed. In some rare cases (even rarer since the last firmware update from Devialet), Roon streaming via ethernet got confused over a 1000 Mbps connection and a fix for that was to put a $20 10/100 Mbps switch between the Devialet and the internet router, essentially providing a choke point.

3. The machine running roon: is that connected to the same lan and also via wifi? can you test connection via ethernet instead there as well?

Here is how I run my environment without a single drop-out, lost connection, etc. for many months now:

- Roon running on a dedicated NUC, connected to a Gigabit switch via ethernet
- Devialet connected to the same Gigabit switch via ethernet
- music stored on a NAS, also connected to the same switch
- Wifi Base station connected to the same switch via ethernet (see a pattern here?)

I control roon (and the devialet) via a variety of devices connected to the same LAN via wifi (Ipad, Laptop, Iphone, etc).

Not a singe drop-out.

Via my wifi Mesh, I can also stream to my home office 2 floors up, where there is another wifi station with ethernet ports, feeding a raspberry Pi4 running ropieee. Streaming DSD256 without a hiccup.
Wifi is wonderful when it works, but a pain in the A$$ when it doesn't, which is why I use ethernet wherever I can.

YMMV
System: Roon on NUC, music library on Synology NAS, all connected via ethernet. Thorens TD-160 super (revised and restored) with SME 3009-III, Devialet Expert pro 440 CI, Marten Django XL

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disappearing 140 Pro Roon Endpoint / Non functioning Airplay - by pvanosta - 13-Jun-2021, 08:46