Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappearing 140 Pro Roon Endpoint / Non functioning Airplay
(13-Jun-2021, 19:23)pda Wrote: I cant get an ethernet cable from the router to the Devialet as it would traverse my living room and be unsightly

You can try getting a wifi extender which has ethernet ports, put it close to your Devialet, and connect the Devialet to it via ethernet. I did that for quite a while when I had problems using wifi in my home because of the location of my Devialet relative to that of my router and it worked quite well. You should have no problems with that while using Devialet AIR and Roon but you may run into problems if you try using the Roon Ready connection with RAAT. If so you will probably fix them if you connect an old ethernet switch with one or moor 100T ethernet ports between the wifi extender and the Devialet and connect the Devialet to a 100T port. The extender itself can be connected to a gigabit port. The speed of the connection to the switch doesn't matter, only the speed of the connection to the Devialet.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disappearing 140 Pro Roon Endpoint / Non functioning Airplay - by David A - 13-Jun-2021, 21:02