Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 year Phantom I lifespan?
Just wanted to post something that happened with one of my Phantoms this week. I bought the classic white phantom in 2015.
Last week I went to listen to some music and one of the phantoms wouldn't turn on.  Totally dead cold to the touch (ouch...). I also noticed a small crack on the right side of the mid ( there are other posts with the same defect ) Not sure when the crack happened but never noticed it until it died. 
So I reached out to Devialet to see if any solutions. Customer service was fine and responsive ( Thanks Johnny! ) but nothing can be done to fix it. Only option is to do the upgrade on their website. Obviously it's out of warranty so no complaints about that. 

I've got 4 other phantoms and now I'm wondering as they hit the 5 year mark if they will also decide to crack and die... I wonder how many other phantoms will die at 5 years old.

What do you think? Is 5 years a decent shelf life for an electronic, maybe it is. I've had other stereo equipment last much longer to the point I was sick of it and either sold or gave it away ( haha ) so I guess final thoughts are.... Enjoy the phantom while it lives because...... it could be gone soon. 
Cheers! Gonna be a hot one in California this weekend! I'm headed for the pool !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
5 year Phantom I lifespan? - by Jon - 09-Jul-2021, 18:18
RE: 5 year Phantom I lifespan? - by ragwo - 09-Jul-2021, 19:09
RE: 5 year Phantom I lifespan? - by Avos - 10-Jul-2021, 15:29
RE: 5 year Phantom I lifespan? - by Confused - 11-Jul-2021, 11:33