Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London?
(16-Feb-2015, 23:33)IanG-UK Wrote: In the Phantom white paper, the Dialog spec says that it  has 1GB of RAM memory and 2GB of flash memory (which I presume is like a USB flash drive). And in terms of CDs I think (though I know little here) that that is equivalent to around 2,000 discs?

PS At Harrods, they have been pretty sneaky - because the Audio floor is the same as the Toy floor including all the electronic "little boys toys" which are also "bigger boys toys" and which you cannot avoid if you use the wrong escalator or lift. So your son (or you yourself) may spend all your money before you arrive at the Devialet shop. Good luck!

Yes, I forgot about the 2Gb 'flash'.   The CDs I've ripped average 640Mb AIFF or uncompressed FLAC per disc so 2Gb will only hold 3!  I think maybe they're referring to the ability to store data on HDD.

Thanks for the warning about Harrrods' sneaky layout Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London? - by PhilP - 16-Feb-2015, 23:49