Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perhaps this is subjective... Phantom I / Phantom II
It may be a subjective question, but there are a few objective differences too. The Phantom II has the advantage that most of the mid and highs are handled by one driver. This can (in theory anyway) lead to better coherency from mid to top as there is no splitting of mid/treble in the critical 2 - 4kHz region. But the II has a fairly high transition frequency from the woofers to the "full range" at 525Hz.

The Phantom I has three divers. You'll immediately notice the difference when midrange has it's own driver. The bass drivers have larger surface area, but your room may not need the additional bass capacity compared to the Phantom II

If you keep the MiniDSP and use Dirac + have the Mutec in the chain I believe you will get a nice improvement in SQ with a pair of Phantom I 103. You'll gain some transparency and naturalness in the bass region, the midrange will be more satisfactory.

The crucial factor will be if Dirac can do proper time alignment of the 103. I guess it can. You may need to work a bit on this though..
And the Mutec is always "the icing on the cake" Smile
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps this is subjective... Phantom I / Phantom II - by ogs - 21-Jan-2022, 21:07