Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integrating Roon and Dirac Room Correction
Now that Dirac offers a standalone version of DiracLive, I managed to do the measurements and produce a filter for Dirac Live Processor (DLP) on the MacMini where Roon Server resides.

From Roon you need to establish a virtual connection using AudioHijack to the Mac's Digital Out. I use an optical connection to Devialet Dialog, which is connected to the Phantoms by ethernet. The AudioHijack window shows this:

Application: Roon > AU: DLP > Output Device: Digital

Both, the AudioHijack window as well as the AU-DLP window show sound indicators, but those in the DLP window are very low, indicating relatively low amplitude.

In Roon I set volume to DSP and I can regulate volume from within Roon and from the Phantom Remote.

However, there seems to be glitch in my volume settings that is perhaps the cause of the low amplitude shown in the AU-DLP window. The consequence is that when I switch to another app, such as AppleMusic, I get a frighteningly high volume from the Phantoms.

I am at a loss and don't know how to configure the chain for a decent volume level for all apps.

By the way: The sound with Dirac is unbelievable. Controlled bass and clear mids and highs.

Messages In This Thread
Integrating Roon and Dirac Room Correction - by Mohmm - 19-Mar-2022, 09:46