Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integrating Roon and Dirac Room Correction
There’s also this to check out:

https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/flex

You have to scroll down to see the reference to an all-digital version listed.  If you download the “Product Brief” PDF it has a chart comparing the different models and showing the Digital one that has Toslink, USB and SPDIF outputs.  There is no AES input/output though like the DDRC-22.  However, it looks like it will have more processing power and may have a longer future life as the DDRC-22 was released in 2014 so who knows if it will support later versions of Dirac beyond the 3.0 Live it currently supports.

The biggest problem with the Flex Digital will be getting your hands on one as the regular one is already sold out and they still haven’t released the digital, which I suspect could be delayed, as their website says release at the end of Q1 2022…

I’ve been looking at both but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.  If anyone has thoughts on these models or other suggestions, they would be great to hear.
Roon Core on headless Mac Mini i5 via wifi --> Auralic Aries G1 --> Audioquest Forest Optical --> Devialet Phantom Premiere Classics, stereo pair DOS 2.14.4

Messages In This Thread
RE: Integrating Roon and Dirac Room Correction - by bpo - 29-Mar-2022, 01:36