Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom I White Classic Glossy 103dB
(29-Mar-2022, 12:27)struts Wrote:
(29-Mar-2022, 06:42)supaDean Wrote: The assembly of the stands, mounting and software headaches took over 7 hours to figure out. Boo!

Thanks for posting your experiences @supaDean, but I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles.  The dent in particular is a real bummer.  Leaves me feeling very lucky and slightly guilty that I have had very few problems since I upgraded my Classics to Golds via the last elevate program back in 2017.  

I had lots of problems getting those Classics to play nice (bear in mind this is back in 2015, looong before DOS 2 was released when after some initial problems were sorted my impression is things got a lot better).  Reading some of the nightmare stories posted here over the years and trying to help folks sort through them I developed a thesis that some of the problems lie in the hardware abstraction layer in DOS (the part that is meant to make all different hardware configurations and versions look and behave the same to the audio functionality) and that problems seemed to be occurring more frequently in stereo pairs where the speakers were of different vintages and hardware versions.  Although my Classics were only made four months apart the last four characters of the serial numbers were different (P3EK and P302) which we now know indicates different hardware revisions with different BoMs.

So it would be interesting to know what speakers you have received thru the Certified Refurbished program.  Please could you add the serial number and model number information to the thread here?  

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping you end up with a cosmetically perfect and beautifully singing pair!

Thanks. Devialet contacted me and will proceed with a replacement. Am just awaiting their next instructions for the return.

Did new digital room correction curves today. Ended up preferring my earlier curves for the Phantom II. Perhaps I wasn't patient enough running today's measurement. Either way am very happy with the sound, which I tweaked just a bit in Roon. 

The serials for the two Premiers are P41NxxxxP307 and P39NxxxxxP307. I'll update your thread.

Here are a couple of images of the room with the smaller Phantom and then the larger. Cheers.

[Image: SzOLXEq.jpg]

[Image: 9dDUEix.jpg]
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom I White Classic Glossy 103dB - by supaDean - 29-Mar-2022, 22:10