Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review Dione soundbar
(19-Apr-2022, 10:54)npman Wrote: Borain, thanks much for your review. Very helpful. Any experience with Atmos yet, notice any sounds coming from "above" on supported titles?

I have a couple of Golds, that I cannot connect to my satellite decoder or Apple TV because reasons, so I have two options. 1) Get a couple of Archs to connect them to the Golds, or get the Dione. Since you have both, is the Dione worth it in addition to the Golds, in your opinion?

Hi,

Getting an "Arch" connection is more like a phono preamp that's built into Arch for listening to vinyl.
However, you can test by connecting your TV to the Golds via Bluetooth, if your TV allows it, with my Samsung TV I know how to do it.

We feel sounds coming from "from above", difficult to explain what I feel with words, I will try to do it as well as possible.

My listening position is more or less 10ft from the Dione soundbar, there is some elevation in the sound, but it's quite diffuse, it's a very wide and deep soundstage on either side of the TV.
There is a breadth to the sound when streaming in Atmos, every detail of the scene is in its place, well centered voice, no imbalance in the strongest moments of a film.

I often hear and distinguish effects coming from left or right, as if I would have 2 virtual speakers on each side of my listening at times with a very wide dimension.
In the strong moments, the sound comes towards me, deep bass that you sometimes feel in the chest at times, it's more of a feeling, the explosions, gunshots, come towards me and sometimes from each side with a slight virtual echo.
Special effect sounds are mostly sounds with a strong impact, which sometimes project themselves towards you in an instant, filling the whole room.
The bass is deep and well rounded, less than the Sylver, but well balanced, the impact is there, what I noticed is that it does not resonate or vibrate elements in my room, such as furniture or the objects in my room.

With my Samsung soundbar, the bass made parts of my room vibrate too much, I heard that as a distortion and I had to reduce the sound, with the Dione it's more controlled in its impact.
Back effects, not really, it's occasionally a resonant echo of my piece in the strongest moments of a sound stage with a lot of explosion effect, the sound comes towards you.
With Samsung I sometimes heard sounds coming from the back, but it was quite confusing for me, I did not perceive its sounds all the time, it made a whole, but in the very noisy moments especially, often incomprehensible in the dialogues.

I tested this on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_TX--Fku9NQ
Defines well the possibility of sound reproduction of the Dione, it superbly reproduces the rendering of each channel, the bass, the depth, the virtual left and right effect.

The sound reproduction of live concerts in Atmos is pure happiness, you are almost in the room, the audience, the resonance of the room.
Pink Floyd - Welcome To The Machine - 5.1 impressed me, crazy effects at times that come towards me and on the sides.
Pink Floyd - Money (2011 Remastered), you could almost count the falling coins it's so detailed.
Phil Collins - Live In The Air Tonight (Dolby Sound AC-3/5.1), sublime, the voice, resonance of the room, I find myself among the public living this moment.
I could cite many others, I am amazed at the sound quality and above all at the feeling perceived when reading a live concert.

I can say that with this Dione, I don't need to increase or decrease the sound each time to understand the dialogues well, the sound is clear and balanced in a scene and the highlights do not disturb this.
Of course it is not perfect and will not appeal to everyone, we can clearly hear that it is Devialet sound quality, I repeat, I have never heard a sound bar so far reproduce the music as well.

For me the sound bar is simple, you plug it in, you balance the room with the 4 microphones inside and that's it, that's what I was looking for, you does not need an additional subwoofer and above all has a versatile sound.
For the moment, it's only happiness for me, I'm rediscovering my films, if you have the chance to listen to it, it's better, you can form an opinion.

If it were accompanied by rear speakers, that would obviously be a plus, I'm eventually waiting for multiroom audio and also the possibility of using the Sylver remote control, which is not currently possible, I'm looking forward to updates for this product.

Messages In This Thread
Review Dione soundbar - by David1 - 30-Mar-2022, 06:44
RE: Review Dione soundbar - by Gerronwithit - 30-Mar-2022, 09:20
RE: Review Dione soundbar - by daveyjung - 07-Apr-2022, 00:37
RE: Review Dione soundbar - by Borain - 08-Apr-2022, 21:52
RE: Review Dione soundbar - by Borain - 10-Apr-2022, 20:17
RE: Review Dione soundbar - by denis - 13-Apr-2022, 17:50
RE: Review Dione soundbar - by Borain - 14-Apr-2022, 13:29
RE: Review Dione soundbar - by Borain - 17-Apr-2022, 13:03
RE: Review Dione soundbar - by Delija - 19-Apr-2022, 14:34
RE: Review Dione soundbar - by Borain - 20-Apr-2022, 14:02
RE: Review Dione soundbar - by eniriop - 12-May-2022, 21:50