Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks
Hey All

Just wanted to say thanks to all who have helped in responding to my messages over the years - this is such a great forum.

I’ve decided to move away from Devialet and phantoms. I’m going back to passive speakers, integrated amp with separate dac to link into my innuos server.

Since 2017 I have owned a pair of classic phantoms on DOS 1 with spark, and more recently a pair of phantom 1 golds on DOS 2. I got these through the elevate programme.

As great as they are sound wise, I could never get a completely stable setup. For me, they simply do not do what they are sold to do.

I realised I was spending so much time, money and stress trying to get them to work as they should I wasn’t enjoying them. I found myself often on edge and waiting for an issue to occur and not relaxing into music. I dreaded every update as this seemed to always cause havoc.

I found that devialet help is often intermittent and just takes so long. Always with the implication that the problem was here. Following advice I’ve had new routers, network switches, optical cables, Ethernet cables and conducted many tests and error reports. I’ve gone from WiFi to plc to optical- the latter giving the best stability - but this ultimately just reduces flexibility and basically undermines what they are sold to be able to do.

Placing them in direct optical mode just seems a step too far. Whats the point - that’s not what I paid for.

That’s my opinion based on my experience - I appreciate others have had a smoother journey.

Thanks again for help. Like I said, a great forum! Bye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Thanks - by tsmithpam - 05-May-2022, 20:24
RE: Thanks - by supaDean - 06-May-2022, 12:56
RE: Thanks - by kantblue - 07-May-2022, 10:32
Thanks - by tsmithpam - 08-May-2022, 10:55
RE: Thanks - by Nickname - 08-May-2022, 17:07
RE: Thanks - by fb24601 - 09-May-2022, 23:15