Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do all STREAMERS sound the same when Streaming direct to Devialet expert
I’m also quite curious about the role of the streamers on SQ.
Unfortunately the only tests I’ve run were in the entry level bracket:
- MacBook Pro into Expert via USB
- MacBook Pro with Roon into Expert via Ethernet
- Bluesound Node 2i into Expert via coaxial

From the 3 configurations of above, the difference was zero. I then opted for the Node since keeping my laptop out of the equation was an important commodity.

Streamers and server/streamers differ for build features such as power supplies, rejection from network and electrical noise and clock. How easy or affordable is to optimize these elements is not of my knowledge, yet I would be curious to test how impactful these things are to my ears. In particular, how clock optimization can play a role if the communication streamer-Expert went via asynchronous USB.

If differences in SQ, to me, were detectable only in very controlled situations and at the level of micro-nuances, I’d only change streamer once someone released a software that, similarly to Roon, were able to browse library and all the streaming services as a single catalogue (massive commodity), but also including Amazon Music Unlimited.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do all STREAMERS sound the same when Streaming direct to Devialet expert - by docvale - 08-Aug-2022, 17:31