Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Phantom - Not enough mids and treble
(20-Sep-2022, 18:14)Memphis_1984 Wrote: BTW, I bought a WiiM mini streamer and connected it to the toslink of the phantom.

The WiiM has a 10 band eq, and that really made the difference for me.

Furthermore, I use Qobuz for hires music streaming, through the WiiM app.

Hi, can you please clarify something for me, as I am searching for a solution to my problem.
I also feel the need for more treble and search for some device in between the music source and the phantoms, something with eq.

This problem of mine is solved when I stream from my phone - via bluetooth, because I use Poweramp Equalizer and all is very nice - I have eq.
But I also listen to music from the TV - optical out from Tv - optical in on one of the Phantoms. This leaves me with only the eq from the Devialet app - and it is just a basic eq with just bass and treble.

I am looking for a device to be in the middle between the tv and the phantoms, and the device should have eq.
This WiiM streamer of yours caught my attention. I see that it has spdif. Ok.
I am looking forward to your answer in my situation, what would you do ?
I have optical out from the TV - this should probably go into Aux in on the WiiM - and from there out from the WiiM via spdif and into the optical of one of the Phantoms.
It is unclear to me about that spdif port on the WiiM - is this an IN or an OUT port ? (probably a silly question, I am sorry).

I would prefer a wired setup, because of lag. I am also worried that this extra device (the WiiM) will add some lag.
Right now when I stream via bluetooth from the phone - I have lag 0,5 - 1 second something like this but I don't mind because I need only audio.
But is another story when I play from the TV, I need audio + video. 
Right now (optical out from TV - optical in on the Phantoms) it is perfect, the lag is minimum, not enough to be disturbing, I don't notice it when I look at the singer's lips.
If this will change by adding the WiiM, than it is not a solution.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gold Phantom - Not enough mids and treble - by marius23mvp - 22-Sep-2022, 10:06