Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LPCM - better result than let the Dione decoding?
(12-Dec-2022, 00:14)David A Wrote: If the Dione can use a SPACE listening mode to decode a DTS:X bitstream into surround sound without the height channels than the simplest solution for you is to set the X800M2 to output both DTS and Dolby soundtracks in bitstream format. The Dione will then give you 5.1 channel sound for the DTS soundtracks which is all you can get letting the X800M2 do the DTS decoding, and it will give you Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 from the Dolby soundtracks. There is no other way to get the .2 Atmos channels from the X800M2.

You are right for the height channels. Got that as well meanwhile.
But for DTS in relation of surround you are not. Somehow detects it like a Stereo signal and does some "virtual" surround by Space. But this is really shit.
What Devialet does here is more easy to determine when you listen to a classic Audio CD. It gives you a more surround impression, but just in the way making the sound more voluminous and making massive changes to the sound of instruments and even more voices.
So for DTS is PCM definitely the better solution. You still get real surround. For normal DTS anyway better, as just 5.1. But better for DTS:X as well as still surround.
Regarding Atmos please see my last post.
IMHO a Soundbar anyway is not able to deliver what real speaker setup can do. In my case it is even worse as my room is missing reflection surface and I am sitting to close to the wall behind me. But what makes the Dione interesting is the overall sound quality and the impressive bass. 
So for me missing the height channels is not a big issue. On my opinion you get still a lot of movie fun.
But you get an option to tweak for you, which Devialet currently does not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LPCM - better result than let the Dione decoding? - by hulster - 12-Dec-2022, 07:57