Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(NEUTRAL) higher end quality speaker cable recommendation
As in the subject I am looking for your opinions ,recommendations for some speaker cables.
My system is build on a devialet expert 1000 pro ,and Kef reference 1 .
For a source I am using some different kind of streaming ,mostly youtube but also spotify,Apple music and tidal sometimes.

My actually speaker cables are atlas mavros which are great speaker cables but in actual setup ive lost some bite as they are making the sound too warm to my taste but I also understand that my audioquest mains conditioner and power cables also going in the same direction.

Ive tried so far a few other cables including 
1 chord company signature
2 tellurium q ultra silver
3 elsdon wonfor ewa ls-25
4 my own atlas mavros

I like overall mavros best overall but with exception it does make the sound too warm in my case for my taste.

The ewa ls25 is very good and neutral but significantly lower quality sound than the others.
Chord signature is not good in my system.

The tellurium q ultra silver have the widest soundstage but somehow the overall result is not to my liking .

On other forums I have been recommended a townshend isolda dct speaker cables as the most neutral and best sound quality to value ratio.

NOTE ( I have also tried a black rhodium athena dct+++ speaker cables) and would say that these are the best sounding from all ive heard on my present system so far (including twice expensive tellurium q ultra silvers).

The problem is I dont have the budget for a new set and don't want to buy new and can't find any athena second hand.

I'll appreciate any input and help from members...

What speaker cables are you using and what is your system?
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug

Messages In This Thread
(NEUTRAL) higher end quality speaker cable recommendation - by winiar560 - 31-Dec-2022, 01:11