Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(NEUTRAL) higher end quality speaker cable recommendation
Hi @winiar560 - I'm unfamiliar with the cables you've tried, but can share my experience.

I'm currently using the Audioquest William Tell Zero speaker cables. There is also a cheaper Robin Hood Zero cable. These are apparently a newer design and well-reviewed. Been using it for a year plus now and been happy with it.

I was previously using a far cheaper cable - the Anticable Level 3.1 cables - for years and they sounded great especially considering the price. In fact, I'm still using their jumper cables along with my AQ William Tell Zero since my speakers are tri-wire capable.

It's been a while since I compared the AQ William Tell Zero to the Anticable Level 3.1. From memory, the AQ sounds a bit more refined/smoother, a bit more neutral and the naturalness of the sound makes sound textures a bit more obvious. In comparison the Anticable was a bit more forward but could sometimes sound a bit rough or shouty (?).

Another tip to try if your speakers have bi-wire terminals: I prefer the sound best when the cables are connected to the HF / Tweeter terminal, and then jumper-ed to the bass terminal. The highs sound cleanest this way. The speaker terminal and connectors somewhat affect the sound.

I prefer the sound of solid core cables, hence Anticables and Audioquest.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
RE: (NEUTRAL) higher end quality speaker cable recommendation - by hardcore - 31-Jan-2023, 13:03